There are quite a bunch of unique things that Dallas, Texas is known for. The Dallas skyline surely is breathtaking. The view you will get from the top of one of the Dallas skyscrapers is well worth your time. At the same time, for the shopping aficionados, Dallas is easily recognizable for its numerous shopping centers. In fact, there are more shops than people living there. If you think that this might not be so impressive, remember that Dallas is the most populous city of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex (DFW) and ranks as the 9th biggest city in the US. Our guide will help you discover the main attractions visible in the Dallas Skyline and how to access them.
Dallas Skyline Trip Guide
What makes the Dallas skyline so unique is its ensemble of tall glass buildings. The easiest to recognize among all those skyscrapers is the Reunion Tower situated in the Reunion district of downtown Dallas. As impressive as it is, this construction only ranks as the 15th tallest building in Texas. This magnificent architectural design features only three floors situated at the very top and stands 561 ft. high.
Another impressive construction that is a part of the Dallas skyline is the Bank of America Plaza. It is currently the tallest building in Texas, with an approximate height of 921 ft. and 72 stories. Other buildings that make up the impressive Dallas skyline are the Renaissance Tower, Comerica Bank Tower, Chase Tower, Fountain Place and also the Trammel Crow Center. All of these great architectural designs make up the famous Dallas skyline silhouette.
HOW TO GET THERE
There are a few cheap alternative ways to get to Dallas.
- Plane tickets are available for prices starting as low as $49 and can go up to $110 if you’re visiting from Los Angeles.
- Traveling by bus might save you from some considerable expenses. The starting price of a ticket is only $5.
- If you choose to travel by train, however, prepare to spend as much as $96 if you’re departing from Los Angeles. Also, it can take up to 30h to reach Dallas this way.
However, regardless of what means of transportation you want to choose, it all depends on your departure point.
Dallas Skyline Buildings
The most iconic figure of the famous Dallas skyline is the Reunion Tower. It is also known as “The Ball”, because of the globe at the top of the building. This big round ball of glass and steel consists of only three stories. On the top floor, you can find an exquisite restaurant that specializes in fine dining and mostly serves Asian food, the Five Sixty. If you want to spoil yourself, you can order any of the 5, 7 or 11 courses tastings. The price ranges between $105 (5 courses tasting) and $195 (11 courses tasting). Also, wine pairing is not included. However, this is a special treat. If you got a sweet tooth, you can order any of the desserts available with prices starting from only $14.
The middle one features a large space that is used for hosting special events. On the last floor is the Geo-Deck, which is used as an observation center and offers a great view of downtown Dallas. It is a great place to sit and admire the view for both families as well as couples. For such a great experience, the price of a ticket is a bargain at only $17.32. After you’re done taking photos, you can relax at the Cloud 9 café situated on the same floor. You can either grab a bite or have a drink while feasting your eyes on the 360 view of the city.
Because of its futuristic design, numerous Reunion tower shots have been featured in many films, including the world-renowned TV series “Dallas”. However, the Reunion Tower is not the only thing to see when visiting this great city.
Dallas Skyline at Night
If you want to get a fantastic view of the Dallas skyline at night, take some pictures and have a drink by the pool, there is a perfect place for all of that and even more. The Nylo hotel features a rooftop pub named “Soda Bar”. There is also a pool if you’re into evening swimming. Anyways, this building is no further than half a mile away from downtown Dallas. It is situated on the south side and offers a great view of the city. You can book a room at this hotel for the price of $154.
Any hotel that offers accommodation within a mile away from downtown Dallas features prices as high as $200. However, there are cheaper alternatives, like Best Western Market Center, which is only 2.2 miles away from downtown. The price for a room starts at $89 with breakfast included.
Other great locations to watch the Dallas skyline are the Hyatt Regency Dallas hotel and the Renaissance hotel. However, if you want to make it a memorable experience, the idea of going on a budget might not work out in the end. These hotels offer high-quality services, as well as a great view of the Dallas skyline and are in close vicinity to many touristic attractions. If you decide to spend some quality time with your family, make sure you start saving money in advance.
While you’re in town, you might consider visiting some of the famous attractions that hold great historical value.
- Texas Theatre, which gained historical fame as the location where John F. Kennedy’s assassin was arrested.
- Meadows Museum, which holds the greatest collection of Spanish art outside of Spain
- Dallas World Aquarium, which is both a zoo as well as an aquarium, featuring a large collection of animal species from all around the world
- Sixth Floor Museum, which has been installed on the same story from where the former president John F. Kennedy was assassinated
- Zero Gravity Thrill Rides Amusement Park, which features 5 extreme thrill rides. The best part about this is that most rides can be done with a friend, so it’s even more fun.
The city of Dallas offers a variety of special activities suited for tourists.
- Dallas Segway Tour costs only $39.00 and envelops all sorts of famous attractions. It lasts for a maximum of 1.5 hours and represents a very unique and fun experience. Also, a guide is present to comment on each historical landmark you visit.
- Dallas City Tour with JFK Viewing will cost you $25.00. It is a 45 minutes long bus tour that passes by 65 popular sites. Also, there will be a presentation of the JFK assassination, that will break down the whole story minute by minute.
- Dallas Arts District Scavenger Hunt Adventure represents a great way for tourists to get to know Dallas better through fun activities. It is a great way for families to enjoy their time together. Furthermore, the price that you have to pay for this great experience is only $15.
- Dallas City Pass is the best way to spend your time there. The price of the package is only $46 for a deal of many great things. With this, you gain admission to only four top attractions. On the other hand, you benefit from free of charge visits to many other attractions like the Reunion Tower, George W. Bush Presidential Library, Dallas Zoo and more.
Where is the Best Spot to View the Dallas Skyline?
The Dallas Texas Skyline is one of the most stunning views in America. Where you prefer to view this captivating skyline is the distinction in looking at good views and looking at great views. Here is a list of the perfect spots to take a peek at the gorgeous Downtown Dallas Skyline.
GeO-Deck at Reunion Tower
The GeO-Deck offers guests the only indoor and outdoor observation deck in the city with unparalleled views of Dallas and its surrounding areas from 470 feet up in the air. You can experience 360-degree panoramic views in high definition.
Trinity Overlook Park
The view from the Trinity Overlook is hard to beat. This shaded park provides visitors with easy access to the Dallas Floodway and the Trinity Skyline Trail. It has an exciting environment for either a picnic or a bike ride. It also gives a fascinating look at Downtown Dallas, the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge and the city scenery in-between.
Klyde Warren Park
Best described as a primary gathering place for Dallas and its visitors, Klyde Warren Park, is one of the most eccentric parks in the city. Located on top of the freeway which provides you the perfect spot to appreciate a 360-degree view of the skyline. It is an excellent place to go if you want to take a photo with the skyline as the backdrop as you will not have to worry about anything that is blocking the view.
Conclusion Final Review of Dallas Skyline Trip Guide
The famous Dallas skyline is just one of the many reasons you should consider visiting this great city. Since you are there, don’t hold back and make time for all the other interesting places to visit and activities to do, as well. All in all, your trip will make for a memorable one and great times are guaranteed to come your way. For everything to run smoothly, however, make preparations in advance and be sure to take a lot of photos.